Happy Halloween! Here are some spooky sweet treats to take to your Halloween party – these tasty tombstone marshmallows are heading to the office tomorrow. I made double whats in the picture in about 30 minutes and could probably have made a zillion more if I had to feed a crowd. They’re so simple and fun to make, require minimal ingredients, and because they are foods on sticks, are perfect for entertaining. Bonus: the messier the chocolate, the better they look. And you can dip into anything you like – I opted for Skor bits and toasted coconut. Trick or treat indeed.
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
- 30 candy sticks or skewers, tray lined with parchment paper
- 60 Large marshmallows (about 1 and 1/2 bags)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used gluten-free/dairy free ones by Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 cup total of toppings of choice (I used 1/4 cup Skor bits, 1/4 cup toasted coconut)
- Skewer 2 marshmallows on a stick. Repeat until all marshmallows are skewered.
- In a small bowl heat up half the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Heat for another 30 seconds until melted, stirring in between (about 2 minutes total).
- Dip skewer in chocolate, wipe away excess with a spoon. Dip spoon in melted chocolate and drizzle over marshmallows. Dip in toppings and place on parchment lined tray. Add remaining chocolate chips to bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Repeat dipping process. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is set.