So you have a shower/potluck/party thing to attend and need to bring a dessert. You don’t want to do store-bought but don’t have time to bake something. If this sounds familiar than this my friends is the recipe for you. You need five things: butter, Nutella, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and cereal. Those ingredients and about 10 minutes. All you do is melt and mix and you’ll have these rich delicious bars that’ll make you look like a shower/potluck/party hero.
I made these for a recent office baby shower and I am happy to report that these bars were snapped up pretty quickly. Now it’s important to mention that there was a ZILLION other delicious gluten-filled snacks there too, including Dunkaroo style cookies and frosting (genius), homemade pecan caramel filled cookies, a cake, cupcakes, ice cream bars, fruit, etc. Basically, a sugar-filled food coma waiting to happen.
I promised to share the recipe after the shower so here you go – the easiest no-bake bar recipe for your next event. They are pretty rich, so I recommend keeping the portions quite small. Also, they get a bit melty so it’s best to keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Now I just need to figure out how to make a gluten-free version of those pecan cookies. Seriously, just look at them. *drool*
No-Bake Nutella Marshmallow Crunch Bars
- 8" x 8" pan
- 2 cups gluten-free puffed rice cereal (I used Enjoy Life brand Crunch Rice Cereal)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 2 cups semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (divided)
- 1 ounce white chocolate bar for garnish (optional)
- Line an 8"x8" square pan with parchment paper. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add Nutella and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until fully incorporated and melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and combined, letting the residual heat melt the chocolate. If necessary, return saucepan to low heat until chocolate is fully melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal to a large mixing bowl. Add melted chocolate mixture to cereal and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Gently add two cups of marshmallows and fold in to combine. Spread mixture onto parchment paper lined pan and gently press down with the back of spatula until level - be gentle as you don't want to crush the cereal.
- Sprinkle remaining one cup of marshmallows on top of bars in an even layer and press down slightly so they stick to melted chocolate. In a small bowl, add remaining tablespoon of Nutella and heat in microwave for 20 seconds until melted. Using a teaspoon, drizzle melted Nutella over marshmallows. If using, shave white chocolate on top for garnish.
- Place pan in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Lift parchment paper from each side and place bars onto a large cutting board. Cut into 1.5" squares. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
This recipe maybe the quickest ways to do a delicious dessert. I think that cake which have not to bake is easier than the others. Your instructions have provided important information. Thank a lot.