Garlic Shrimp Pasta
This is a fresh and light pasta that is packed with garlic-y, fresh lemon-y flavour with just a touch of heat. It’s a flavour combination that’s delicious and goes great on just about anything, especially shrimp. This dish is easy and fast to whip up, and perfect for lunch or weeknight supper.
- 8 ounces dried gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- zest of one lemon (about 1 teaspoon)
- 12 raw shrimp (peeled, de-veined and halved lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- Sea salt and black pepper
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package ingredients or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add butter and oil. Once the butter is melted, add garlic, chili flakes and lemon zest and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the shrimps and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimps just turn pink and are tender. Do not over cook. Remove pan from heat and add in pasta, lemon juice, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine and serve. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
I like using brown rice gluten-free pasta. My hubby likes it a lot too and claims that it tastes just like 'normal' pasta. Bonus is that brown rice has more nutritional value than some other corn pastas or white rice pastas.
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay Fast, Fresh, Simple