MEXICAN SALAD WITH HONEY LIME DRESSING
I've been packing this salad for lunch all week, served atop crisp romaine lettuce, topped with roasted tomatillo avocado salsa from my fave brand Mad Mexican, and some tortilla chips. If only I could enjoy a fresh margarita at my desk to wash this down. Sigh... dare to dream.
- 1 15 oz can black beans (preferably low sodium, rinsed)
- 1 12 oz can whole kernal corn (preferably low sodium, rinsed)
- 1 English cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 large avocado or 2 small (cubed)
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 lb imitation king crab meat
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives (chopped)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine beans, corn, crab meat, and vegetables together. Whisk honey and lime, add to salad, and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with tortilla chips and guacamole. To make vegetarian, omit king crab. To make vegan, replace honey with agave nectar or 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar.