I have a new addition to my home – something I’ve wanted and dreamed about for a long time. Yup, I got a VitaMix. It is AWESOME and I LOVE it. Like LOVE LOVE it. I was gifted this amazing piece of equipment by my generous parents for Christmas (thanks mom and dad).
I’ve always wanted one, longingly stared at them in stores or on friend’s countertops but held off due impart to the high price tag and also my limited kitchen storage space. But I’m so excited to have this in my kitchen and I’ve used it almost every day since I got it – for sauce (chimichurri), soup (butternut squash), smoothies (fruit and coconut water), and my new fave green juice.
Based on its versatility and frequency of use, it’s more than worthy of taking up a piece of prime real estate atop my limited kitchen countertops.
The ginger adds a nice little kick too. I feel uber-healthy with every sip and it’s a pretty great snack or breakfast drink to start the day.
The VitaMix is strong enough to blitz every last bit of pulp into a smooth and delicious drink. I totally get why the VitaMix is used in so many professional kitchens and homes alike and has a cult-like following.
Look how the whole pitcher just filled right up with the veggies and apples. Let the detox begin. I am hoping that if I continue to drink these on the regular that my skin will start to glow and my waistline will start to shrink. I’ll keep you posted.
Green Ginger Juice
- Powerful blender like the VitaMix
- 2 cups spinach leaves (washed)
- 3 stalks of celery (washed)
- 2 medium sized gala apples (or other sweet apples, washed and cores removed)
- 1 inch piece of ginger (peeled)
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons agave nectar (optional)
- Add the spinach, celery, apples, ginger, and water to the blender and blend until smooth.
- For added sweetness, add agave nectar, one teaspoon at a time until a desired sweetness is reached.